There are two races that players can choose in this game:
1) Terran Human—The race indigenous to Earth-Terra. Terran humans are shorter and more stocky. Since humans are a very balanced race, they can do well in almost any class or easily choose multi-specialties. A Terran on Earth would be considered “normal”—a Terran on Mars would be about 2/3 stronger and more dexterous due to the lighter gravity.
2) Martian Human—Martian humans, which are taller and more “gracile” due to lighter gravity on Mars. Since humans are a very balanced race, they can do well in almost any class or easily choose multi-specialties. A Martian on Mars would be considered “normal”—a Martian on Terra would be about 1/3 weaker and less dexterous due to the heavier gravity.
And there are a few other known races:
4) Psylos— A race of gaseous beings who communicate via colors and pheromones. They are not very physical beings and exist much more so in the mind. They are very private, do not communicate readily with “outsiders,” and wish to preserve their cultural purity by not mixing with others. Thus they tend to be isolationists.
5) Maka—A race of Plant Life. The Maka are a very resilient race—like any plant they are susceptible to fire or drought but their racial resilience protects a seed kernel and can often bring them through in very difficult circumstances. When they need to eat, their lower extremities enter the earth and are able to extract nutrients, and they can also feed off the light of a sun and off water. They require carbon dioxide to sustain life and they expel oxygen (just like plant life on Earth) so they find that Human races can be very symbiotic with their own. Their life span is shorter than the average human life. (The name is Sioux for ‘earth’)
6) Réamhtheachtaí—the Forerunners of humanity. Humans have just discovered evidence of a race that came to Earth-Terra and was also on some of the other planets. (The name is ‘precursors’ in Gaelic)