Read and Write Language
The Read/Write Language skill doesn’t work like a standard skill.
- You automatically know how to read and write your native language; you do not need ranks to do so.
- Each additional language costs 1 rank. When you add a rank to Read/Write Language, you can choose a new language that you can read and write.
- You never make Read/Write Language checks. You either know how to read and write a specific language or you don’t.
- To be able to speak a language you can read and write, you must take the Speak Language skill for the appropriate language.
- You can choose any language, modern or ancient. Your GM may determine that you can’t learn a specific language due to the circumstances of your campaign.